Monday, 7 April 2014

Get Out...



I must admit, than when well-meaning friends offered to meet me in town for coffee soon after my break-up I was thinking of every excuse under the sun to get out of it. I wasn't feeling well (I was fine). The weather was too bad (it wasn't). I have to be somewhere else (I didn't). However, there's only so long you can keep fobbing people off before they give up asking, so I bit the bullet, brushed my hair for the first time in a week, put some shoes on rather than my tatty slippers and I walked out of the front door.

Real friends will understand that you're feeling a bit 'fragile' and will happily tolerate hearing all the boring details for the 10th time because they care about you. Once you've been out into the big wide world a few times your confidence will definitely grow and what once felt a terrifying prospect will become a real pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment