Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Happy Campus...


I'd maintained loose links with my local university ever since I graduated back in 2008, but now I'm happily single I've re-connected with campus and it's given me some really positive new experiences. During 2014 I took part in numerous paid experiments for psychology students; as you might imagine, I've participated in some extremely bizarre and amusing tests! The extensive grounds are a haven for wildlife and it's been a joy to wander around with my Nikon Coolpix snapping flora and fauna around the lakes and woodland and I even joined the gym!

Today was another first for me - I attended the Student Union Carnival to celebrate One World Week. Mother Nature treated us to near-perfect blue skies and glorious sunshine while the performers delighted onlookers with an array of dancing from around the world, juggling displays and a variety of multicultural food and drink stalls. Flags were flying all around the square and everyone was smiling and clapping along to the beats. It might not have been in quite the same league as Rio, but it was fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment