Thursday, 12 February 2015

The Interview...


New experiences come in all shapes and sizes. Some are funny, others are exciting and my latest adventure was... erm....surreal. I haven't been interviewed for a new job in donkeys years, but the lure of some lucrative 'casual' work within a 30 minute walk from home was an opportunity not to be sniffed at. However, sods law dictated that I failed to get a single wink of sleep the night before and was therefore sporting my 'well-past-its-sell-by-date' look at stupid o'clock in the morning. Not the 'first impression' I was hoping for but you simply have to play the cards you're dealt.

On arrival I was shown to the interrogation room, where my brain cells decided to die and the best I could muster was a glazed expression. Trying desperately hard to focus, I completely blagged my way through a series of questions; none of which I can now recall; and I now have to wait to hear whether or not I'll be offered a position. 

Fingers crossed that they're looking for a middle-aged, peroxide blonde zombie!

No comments:

Post a Comment