Thursday, 26 February 2015

Yabba Dabba Doo!...


Despite the fact I've never really been one for 'joining in', I really am loving the regular pub quiz nights, which have opened up a whole new world for me. Getting there early is a must in order to secure a decent table (the quiz meal is a vital component of the evening and eating a vegeburger and chips while standing at the bar is simply not an option). Once seated, fed and watered, we're all ready for the off, so to speak. 

I used to think I had a relatively wide knowledge base but since becoming a pub quiz team member I now realise that this requires a level of familiarity of bizarre facts that I'd never encountered before. What kind of person KNOWS how many pints of milk are on the Flintstones doorstep in the opening credits? Thank heavens one of my co-horts knew that Mr Tod was a fox in the Beatrix Potter stories cos I didn't have a clue. You certainly get an 'education' during the course of the evening!

This week we came tantalisingly close to getting the 3rd prize (£18 no less) - just 2 points away from it in fact. Kicking myself for not being able to pick will.i.am out of a line-up during the 'pictures' round (ugh - why did I write down Tinie Tempah?) but now I'm 100% focussed on doing much better next time. Who knew I could be quite so competitive?! The new 'me' is quite scary, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment