Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Two Hard Ones and Two Floppy Ones..!


Get your mind out of the gutter! "Two hard ones and two floppy ones" are the words a doctor said to me this morning when I went to discuss the results of my heart scan, and she was talking about my arteries. I now have to be referred to a cardiologist for further tests, although I was warned that the local NHS waiting list is very VERY long. In the meantime I've been put back on statins - oh joy, the delights of leg muscle cramps to look forward to...

However, this week is all about perspectives, and while I moan about a few aches and pains I'm horribly aware that some very good friends of mine are, at this very moment, with their newborn in a London ICU waiting to hear when he will endure a complicated heart operation. I am now counting my blessings and crossing all of my fingers (and toes) for a positive outcome for this lovely family. Life really can be so unfair at times...

No comments:

Post a Comment