Monday, 15 June 2015

If At First You Don't Succeed...


Several weeks ago, my spare desktop pc decided that for no apparent reason it no longer wished to connect to the internet via wifi. I googled til I was blue in the face, but despite learning a load of new words and abbreviations; SSID, WPA, WEP, Hexadecimal (yes, apparently that's a word!), and so forth; it just wasn't happening.

However, I was determined to have a second computer online one way or another, so after watching dozens of Youtube tutorials and experiencing many, MANY failed attempts I finally managed to hard wire it. Hurrah! I realise that there's tech bods out there who'd have been able to have it all up and running within minutes, but the sheer joy of knowing that I've conquered a few of the mysteries of home computer networks all by myself is immense. YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

No comments:

Post a Comment