Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Lumps and Bumps...

I'd only gone to see my GP to discuss my upcoming cardiology appointment, but after simply asking for a second opinion on a small lump on my neck the focus swiftly altered and I was immediately booked in for blood tests and a scan! I must admit, all I was expecting was confirmation that all was 'normal' so this sudden turn of events took me totally by surprise.

In less than a week I'd undergone both procedures and a few days later I was back with my GP to find out what the hell just happened. Apparently, anything to do with iffy lymph nodes throws the NHS into panic-mode, which is why I subsequently ended up with an urgent (within 7 days) referral to the haematology department at the local hospital! It's the first time my doctor said the word lymphoma out loud, but I'm choosing to ignore it and am assuming it's just a virus of some description.

I don't have time to be ill - I'm far too busy living the dream...



No comments:

Post a Comment