Monday, 20 July 2015

Day Surgery...


Even 'minor' surgery can be an ordeal, not just physically but emotionally as well. I'm so lucky to have wonderful friends around me who offer up their valuable time to take me to hospital appointments, even at the crack of dawn, and who are also kind enough to stay with me throughout the entire procedure.

It's not just the hideousness of going under the knife that's hard to deal with, but when it's a biopsy the mental strain of knowing that this is going to be what decides whether you have a potentially life-changing disease, or not, is a lot to take on board.

I'm so grateful that I didn't have to face this scary day on my own, and I know that although the two week wait for the results is going to be mental torture, I'll be well looked after. Some things really are priceless, and genuine friendship is one of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment