Friday, 31 July 2015

The Results Are In...


After weeks of hell, not knowing whether the lumps I have on my neck are cancerous, or not; all the scans, xrays, blood tests, a rather challenging morning at the cancer clinic in the haematology department followed by day surgery for a biopsy, I finally have a diagnosis.... I DON'T have cancer (phew!) I DO have 'reactive lymph nodes' that will need further investigation, but I can't tell you how much weight has now been lifted off my shoulders. To top it off, I've just seen my cardiologist and although he confirmed my heart murmur there's no immediate need to operate (another phew!!) I'll need to have annual scans but that's easy peasy.

I am a very lucky girl indeed, and it's things like this that make you sit up and take notice; appreciate what you have and focus on living life to the full. Right, I must now book my travel insurance - España, aquí vengo...! 

Should re-name this blog Life Begins at Fifty Three and a Little Bit...!

No comments:

Post a Comment