Monday, 14 September 2015

Anti Virus...


Just got back from my annual pilgrimage to Boots for my flu jab and I can't believe all the negative comments I've had. Yes, I'm well aware of all the old wives tales and scaremongering, (no it can't give you flu, no your arm won't drop off, no it can't prevent colds - that would be called a COLD jab), but I've made an informed decision to try to protect myself against whatever particularly nasty strains of influenza are likely to be doing the rounds this winter. 

While I fully appreciate there's no guarantees, I've at least done everything I can to avoid catching it, while hopefully preventing me from passing it onto others (you're welcome!) Those jammy enough to be entitled to sick pay don't seem to comprehend that when you're self employed and are unable to work due to illness, you don't get any money.

There's also the hypocrites apparently aghast at the 'stuff' I'm willing to have injected into me once a year, while they're more than happy to regularly ingest meat that's been vaccinated numerous times throughout it's brief life, along with fruit and veg grown in chemically fertilised soil and liberally sprayed with a variety of pesticides! 

I despair of the naysayers who indiscriminately infect innocent bystanders before they become bedridden for a fortnight, laying there whining on Facebook about how ill they are. Just don't expect any sympathy from me!

Right, rant over, I've been a brave little soldier and I'm now off to eat my sweeties...

No comments:

Post a Comment