Saturday, 24 October 2015

You've Got Mail...


Even though it's the weekend, I decided to log into my employee email account from home just to see if there were any new messages, and I'm rather pleased I did. There was one of those "Dear Colleagues" emails, that you assume doesn't really apply to you; "We're delighted to tell you (ok, now I'm listening) Unions...negotiations, blah, blah, blah... PAY RISE (YAY!) backdated to August (HURRAH!)..blah, blah, blah..."

I've only been in the job five minutes and have already been given my first raise! I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming (nope - definitely real). What with the festive season just around the corner, and my fabulous holiday to the Canaries still to come, the timing of this happy news couldn't have been better. Yo ho ho...

No comments:

Post a Comment