Friday, 20 November 2015

Steampunk...


I'm not generally a very 'with it' kind of person and have never really been into the latest fads or fashions, however, since I got my first proper understanding of Steampunk I admit I'm utterly hooked. I'd originally heard the term over a year ago on a tv show about bespoke cakes (a couple were having a themed wedding and wanted a Steampunk cake) but at the time I just didn't 'get it', but I do now.

I've always liked Victorian clothing, and paraphernalia, and I do like anything a bit quirky or eccentric, so it was only a matter of time before I discovered something that'd be right up my street. Only time will tell how long this new obsession will actually last, but for now I'm enjoying sticking brass cogs and keys everywhere and trawling charity shops for anything vaguely appropriate that I can wear, which is in keeping with the genre but doesn't make me look a complete fool in tescos. Ah, the utter joy of finding a brand new hobby it quite exhilarating...



No comments:

Post a Comment