Saturday, 6 February 2016

Stalking Spacemen...


Well, I'm not exactly stalking them, but since all the recent publicity about British astronaut Tim Peake arriving at the International Space Station, and the subsequent media frenzy over the first Brit to do a space walk, I've become ever so slightly obsessed with sky watching. 

I've always had a 'thing' about seeing comets, meteors, eclipses and the like, but now that I have an ISS app on my new smartphone I can actually track when it's going to be visible from my back garden (weather permitting). My neighbours have long since assumed I'm bonkers and no longer bat an eyelid at me waving like a maniac towards the sky on any given night, and it's something which gives me a great deal of pleasure, albeit fleetingly.

The world we currently live in is so full of wars, death, hatred and other badness that it's really nice to be able to have a little distraction from time to time. While standing outside in the cold, you can't help but feel a connection to that teeny, but bright, light moving across the darkness, as you ponder on what else is out there...


No comments:

Post a Comment