Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Mothering Tuesday...


Some mums have Mother's Day on a Sunday, but this year I had my special day on a Tuesday. When your grown up daughters are very busy people, it's really lovely that they still arrange to give you a treat even when they can't manage it for the traditional weekend version.

They arrived with a beautiful bouquet full of pink, cream and white flowers, which was a lovely surprise. We ate iced lemon cake and french fancies (as you do), while discussing everything from holidays to politics, and generally putting the world to rights. The afternoon passed within the blink of an eye and sadly it was all too soon for them to return to their respective homes.

I actually prefer being a bit different, and I think that Mothering Tuesday is a fabulous idea, especially when you get to spend it with the people you love most in the world. I'm a very lucky mum indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment