Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Atten...shun!


My boss had received a rather posh and proper invite to a prestigious corporate event hosted by The Army Engagement Team but wasn't able to attend, so she asked yours truly if I'd like to go on her behalf. What? Dress up all fancy and get treated to some free food and drinks while being surrounded by men in uniform? Well, it'd be rude to refuse, so I agreed to be her representative. I also agreed (albeit reluctantly) to behave myself.

I'd been given a rather swanky ID card prior to the event, which meant I could jump the queue and therefore spend more time schmoozing with high ranking military personnel; good evening Brigadier; and business executives, before being ushered into a large room for the hour long presentation. Talks and videos all done and dusted it was back to the reception room for the nosh and more chat, before eventually making my way to my taxi home whilst carrying a fabulous presentation box full of goodies. And yes, I did actually manage to behave myself for once, although admittedly it was a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment