Tuesday, 12 July 2016

When One Door Closes...



Apparently another two open! Although I'd initially felt I'd dodged a bullet by not being offered a position after my recent job interview, it's never nice to be rejected for anything. However, my philosophy is that everything happens for a reason and the Human Resources Department, who I'd previously been interviewed by, had obviously chosen to pass my CV around to other departments because within 48 hours I'd received not one but two potential offers of temporary work. Clearly I must've made a positive impression on the day, even though it didn't feel like it at the time.

Unfortunately, one of the jobs would've been unworkable around my current commitments so I politely declined, however the second one intrigued me and so I met with the manager for an 'informal chat' the following afternoon. In reality this turned out to be another interview, which caught me slightly off-guard as I wasn't prepared for it. Therefore, when an email arrived four days later offering me the position I couldn't have been more surprised! Wow! This is a massive step up the career ladder for me, and even though the role is scheduled to end at Christmas, it's put me firmly on a path which can only realistically lead to bigger and better things in the future. Pass the champers...!

No comments:

Post a Comment