Friday, 5 August 2016

You're Never Too Old...


When your new boss is possibly younger than your children, it can make being the newbie at work seem even more of a challenge, but when you begin a brand new career in your fifties you simply have to get over it and get on with it. I've now completed the first week in my new job and although there's been times when I've felt totally out of my depth, and have even questioned whether I was the right person for the role, with the help of my extremely supportive co-workers I've finally gained some much-needed confidence.

I was thrilled to find out that my office is full of house-plants, my desk has dual screen monitors and I can help myself to as many hot drinks as I can physically consume throughout the day. This is certainly worlds apart from anything I've ever experienced before and it's amazing. I've also enjoyed a leisurely lunchtime stroll through the nearby meadows with my colleagues, watching massive, red dragonflies and pretty little butterflies, before sitting beside a lake in the sunshine for some girlie banter.

I know that there's going to be plenty of challenges ahead, but I'm sure that if I can take the plunge and start a brand new job at the age of fifty four then anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment