Sunday, 28 May 2017

We Reap What We Sow...


For the past fortnight I've been working 6 days a week, so the fact that this is a Bank Holiday weekend is very welcome indeed. It's been busy in the office, and also exciting with the arrival of my brand new computer with shiny new keyboard and mouse along with two great big monitors, but nice surprises aside it's actually a welcome relief to finally be able to spend a couple of days in my much-neglected garden.

In my absence, however, Mother Nature has decided to spoil me, and when I stepped outside this fine, sunny morning I was greeted by the sight of dozens of bright orange Californian poppies, stunning giant red ornamental poppies and delicate blue love-in-the-mist. It appears that many of last years plants have self-seeded, and the mixed wild-flower seeds I randomly scattered at the end of last summer are now flourishing.

The universe sometimes has unique ways of rewarding those who go the extra mile in order to improve their own circumstances, and while I've strived to undertake more responsibility in the workplace, despite also undergoing numerous medical tests for ongoing health issues, I'm now reaping a few of the benefits...


No comments:

Post a Comment